Do something different for your planet this year - 2022!
Planet Earth is facing a climate emergency like never before. Everything from flora, fauna, our natural capital, the water we drink, and the air we breathe, is under threat. Unsustainable growth and lifestyles are putting enormous pressure on the limited resources of planet earth.
Can Things Change?
Yes, Situations can change and improve when motivated youth like you take the charge. Youth all around the world are coming forward and being part of the solution to Climate Crisis. International communities, scientists, organisations, governments have recognised that we only have a decade to act, it is the 'Decade of Action' to transform our world. Let’s join this movement to save the earth and dedicate ourselves as “Y4E”
We invite you to be a 'Champion for Earth and Change Maker' by joining the campaign ‘Youth for Earth’
Details of the Campaign
- The upcoming initiative Youth For Earth 2022 is a collaboration of both Mobius Foundation and The Climate Reality Project Foundation, India & South Asia.
- The motivated youth from the countries of South Asia (Bangladesh, Bhutan, India, Maldives, Nepal and Sri Lanka) to join the campaign are invited.
- We will provide a platform to showcase your efforts and broadcast your voices for the betterment of the planet.
- COVID 19 has forced the closure of formal educational institutions and opened new ways of education through online mode. You are therefore invited to implement Y4E project/activities either online or through physical means or both whichever is feasible.
- Your participation will go a long way and would be recognized at the national, regional, and international levels.
How to participate?
- The youth can participate in the campaign as a team (minimum of 5 in one team).
- They can participate in two categories competing within their respective categories:
- Junior: Classes from 9th up to 12th (Schools)
- Senior: Graduation/ Postgraduation (Colleges & Universities)
- Give your team a name for the Youth for Earth campaign 2022, and must nominate a team member to represent your team.
- You have to choose a challenge from one of the 7 mentioned themes and carry out projects/campaigns either online or through physical means or both whichever is feasible.
- The team must promote its project and show its progress month-wise on social media platforms by tagging Mobius Foundation and Climate Reality Project, South Asia by using hashtags: #YouthForEarth #Y4E in each post.
- The Project report can be submitted in the form of a written report accompanied with a short video of 3 – 5 minutes (in either English or Hindi language) and photographs.
- Videos can be submitted in other languages provided they have subtitles in English.
- Registration of the team is mandatory for the participation. There is no registration fee.
- Received projects will be evaluated by the jury consisting of eminent environmentalists and sustainability experts.
Choose Your Theme
The project should fall in at least one of the following themes:
- Climate Change - SDG 13 (Climate Action)
- Water Management - SDG 6 (Clean Water and Sanitation)
- Waste Management - SDG 12 (Responsible Consumption and Production)
- Air Pollution - SDG 3 (Good Health and Well-Being)
- Energy Efficiency and Conservation - SDG 7 (Affordable and Clean Energy)
- Population and Sustainability - SDG 5 (Gender Equality)
- Nature and Biodiversity - SDG 14 (Life Below Water) and SDG 15 (Life on Land)
- Teams have to first register on the website for the campaign before 15 April 2022
- Once the project is completed the projects/campaigns either online or through physical means or both to be submitted before 10th August 2022 in the form of written report accompanied with a short video of 3 – 5 minutes (in either English or Hindi language) and photographs.
To participate, Register your team:
Report Submission Format
All participating teams must submit their entries in the below mentioned formats.
- Written report
- Short Video of 3-5 minutes
Submission & reporting Overview:
The participating group must post & propagate about their projects and timely progress of the same on social media platforms periodically, and share with apt hashtags [e.g #YouthForEarth #Y4E] and tag the relevant organization https://www.mobiusfoundation.in, https://www.climatereality.org.in
Recognition and Awards
- 5 winning change-makers each from Junior and Senior teams will be awarded cash Prizes:
- 1st Rank – INR 25,000
- 2nd Rank – INR 20,000, and
- 3rd, 4th and 5th Rank holders will be awarded with a cash prize of INR 15,000
- A merit certificate and entry pass will be awarded to all the selected participants to attend ICSE 2022.
- Certificates will be provided to all the participating teams and their members.
- Winning team activities/projects and other interesting activities/projects will be highlighted and promoted by Mobius Foundation and The Climate Reality Project through its social media platforms and website.
Spread the Word!
Please download and share the posters and Brochure.
Go to Website
The Climate Reality Project india
Go to Website
2020 - 'Youth for Earth' Projects
*You can also check the 5 winning teams of Youth for Earth Campaign 2020.
For any other query, please write back to us at firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com